Home » » 400 Calorie Fix Diet Debunked

400 Calorie Fix Diet Debunked

Written By Dhiya on Friday, June 11, 2010 | 10:41 PM

400 calorie fix dietThe "400 Calorie Fix" is a diet plan from the editors of Prevention Magazine. The plan itself is revealed in a book that costs you $32.00.

The plan claims you'll lose 11 pounds in two weeks.

It's based on the concept of eating only 1,200 to 1,600 calories a day. They want you to break that up into three or four meals a day, each being about 400 calories each. The book is simply a bunch of recipes that you're supposed to cook and prepare yourself.

And they're calling the 400 Calorie Fix a "scientific breakthrough".

Wow.

I wrote earlier that the average person (weighing at 150 pounds) will burn about 2,000 calories a day, just by doing nothing. That is, if you spent most of your day sitting and sleeping, with just a few hours devoted to doing basic things, like brushing your teeth, taking a shower, cooking some food, you'll actually burn that many calories.

But if you weigh more than 150 pounds, you'll simply burn more calories. For example a 200 pound person will burn about 2,900 calories doing the same things.

So obviously the "400 Calorie Fix" is no miracle diet, and no scientific breakthrough. It's just based on the notion that the body already burns a minimum of 2,000 calories each day. As long as you consume less than that, you'll lose weight no matter what.

What it boils down is if you need to spend $32.00 for a collection of low-calorie recipes.

If you've followed my Beef Jerky Diet blog, you'll know I rely on a combination of fresh fruits, vegetables, whole wheat, and of course beef jerky as my daily diet. I'm not cooking at all. I simply eat the stuff plain largely because it's a lot easier that way, and because I've eaten it enough times that I've grown to love it that way.

That's all you really have to do.

So should buy the "400 Calorie Fix" diet book? In my opinion, no.

I think you'll end up looking through this book and realizing most of the recipes are stuff you won't feel enthusiastic about preparing anyways. I mean, if you're already full of enthusiasm, you would have lost your weight through exercise and eating fresh foods.

If you're like me, who needed an easy, more convenient way to lose weight, take a look at the tips I've written in this blog, that's what they're all designed to address.

0 comments:

Post a Comment