Home » » Relaxing Your Belly Helps Lose Weight

Relaxing Your Belly Helps Lose Weight

Written By Dhiya on Tuesday, June 8, 2010 | 8:09 AM

A funny thing I've noticed recently, that simply relaxing the muscles in my abdomen helps lose weight.

Over the years I've developed a habit of tightening the muscles in my abdomen anytime I'm standing up because it makes me look more fit and trim. I'm guessing this is true with just about everyone of one us.

But overtime, I find that I continue doing this even when I'm sitting down.

Over the same period I also noticed infrequent bowel movements (constipation), and have tried increasing my fiber intake, increasing my water, increasing exercise, but with little success. Then I noticed myself tightening my abdomen even while sitting.

Today I remind myself to keep my abdomen completely relaxed, at least when sitting down. I find that my digestion improves, and my bowel movements improve. Improved bowel movements of course will aid in weight loss simply because you're getting rid of material.

It doesn't have anything to do with metabolism or calorie burn, but it might help you shrink that belly and improve your overall health.

0 comments:

Post a Comment