Home » » Living In A Fat Culture

Living In A Fat Culture

Written By Dhiya on Sunday, August 29, 2010 | 10:52 PM

living in a fat cultureThe reason why I still find it a challenge to maintain a healthy weight is because I haven't changed my lifestyle.

I'm still in a culture of sedentary activity and high calorie food. That is, I'm having to tell myself to watch my calories and tell myself to exercise. I can't seem to get myself to where eating healthy and exercising regularly is a habit I don't think about.

I mean, the reason why I was able to go from 240 pounds to 150 pounds is because I took weight loss seriously. I took it so seriously, that I pushed myself to stick to a diet and exercise regularly.

But since I reached the 150 pound goal, I find it even more tough to maintain it.

Keeping that sense of seriousness is really hard to do. It took me about five years to go from 240 to 150, and most of that weight loss actually occurred in the last 18 months. But I have to spend the rest of my life maintaining this weight.

How does one keep that level of commitment for that long?

It's like they say, losing weight requires a change in lifestyle.

I think the reason why most people gain all the weight back is because losing the weight was only a temporary goal that satisfied an immediate desire. They were never able to transfer that desire into a lifelong commitment.

You just can't spend the rest of your life telling yourself to exercise. You have to instead turn exercise into a habit that you find too difficult to stop. You have to create a new way of life that breeds healthy eating and exercise.

0 comments:

Post a Comment