Home » » Building a Weight Loss Attitude

Building a Weight Loss Attitude

Written By Dhiya on Friday, March 26, 2010 | 9:33 AM

roller skaterOne of the reasons why people fail at losing weight is because they maintained a losing attitude.

People want to believe that losing weight is easy as taking a pill and waking up in the morning. And why not? That's what all the advertisements are promising us!

But we all know that there's nothing magical in weight loss. It requires a commitment, a change in the way you eat, and the addition of exercise. To make these changes, and stick to them, you have to have a winning attitude.

Here's a comparison of losing attitudes and winning attitudes...

  1. Losing Attitude: "I can't exercise because it makes my knees hurt." - This is just a way for someone to justify that a life of fast-food and laziness is the best thing for them.

    Winning Attitude: "My knees hurt, but I can find other ways to exercise." - Where there's a will, there's a way. So start by giving yourself a will.


  2. Losing Attitude: "I'm just not in the mood to walk." - Did it ever occur to you that if you walked more often, you'd have the energy? Do you realize that if you had more energy, you'd actually be in the mood to walk?

    Winning Attitude: "Why am I watching television when I could be walking right now?" - What you choose as your activities will determine the fate of your weight loss goals. Choose the activities that guarantee success.


  3. Losing Attitude: "I've tried every diet out there and nothing is working." - Diets themselves don't make you lose weight, it's YOU that makes you lose weight. Diets are just plans that you follow.

    Winning Attitude: "I'd love to have that pizza, but I'm going to stick to my diet instead." - As simple as that reads, it's a tough thing to do. But I don't have to tell you that sticking to a diet is tough.


  4. Losing Attitude: "I try to eat healthy, but my husband always wants to go out." - Putting the blame on someone else is just a way to make ourselves feel better about failure.

    Winning Attitude: "I don't have to order the fettuccine alfredo, I can always get a grilled chicken salad with salsa." - Every restaurant offers something that will fit into your diet, and every restaurant can customize a dish for you. It's just a matter of how determined you are to stick to a diet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment