Home » , » Do Weight Loss Drugs Work?

Do Weight Loss Drugs Work?

Written By Dhiya on Sunday, February 7, 2010 | 8:32 AM

weight loss drugsDo weight loss drugs really work? Well my only experience has been with Phentermine. And yes, it works.

It gets rid of the hungry feeling.

But it comes with some side effects. First, Phentermine gave me this "buzzy" feeling, as if my body was humming, or vibrating. It's hard to describe. I didn't enjoy it, though maybe you will.

Second, Phentermine caused my kidneys to ache. At first, I thought the kidney pain was an odd, temporary thing that came out of nowhere. It wasn't until the pain continued that I finally wondered if Phentermine was the cause. I stopped taking it, and the pain subsided. I started taking Phentermine again, the pains came back. That's when I knew to stop taking it. I looked online, and found other people complaining of kidney pains caused by Phentermine.

I told my doctor about this, and he said "Then just stop taking it." I wish he had told me of the side effects. All in all, I lost about 10 pounds on Phentermine, and then gained it back trying to find a new solution.

But weight loss drugs don't really help you in the long term, they only mask over the problem. That is...
  • They don't teach you how to eat healthy.

  • They don't teach you how to control your urge to eat.

  • They don't teach you to count calories, read ingredients lists and nutrition labels.

  • They don't get you in the habit of exercising.

And even if you were to lose a lot of weight from taking weight loss drugs, all you are is dependent on drugs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment