Home » » Eating in Front of a Computer Helps Cut Calories

Eating in Front of a Computer Helps Cut Calories

Written By Dhiya on Friday, September 10, 2010 | 11:31 PM

eating in front of the computerEating in front of the computer while surfing the Internet seems to help me eat at a more slower, relaxed pace, and thereby actually cause me to eat less.

I've been comparing my eating habits between eating out at a restaurant versus eating in my home office, in front of the computer while I work. I found that sitting in a restaurant at a table, caused me to eat faster.

The reason is because I have nothing else to do, but eat. Also, the hustle and bustle of people walking by, the noise from the people, seemed to create a busy environment, which only created a more hurried frame of mind for me.

By contrast, in my home office, in front of a computer, everything is slower. I tend to take a bite, and then put my fork down and grab the mouse, or type the keyboard. I'll look at a webpage, read some text, and then take another bite. Two to five minutes might go by in between bites. And by the time I'm done with the meal, I feel more full and have no desire to eat more.

At a restaurant, a server might ask you for dessert, or a refill on your beverage, or you might get up to fill a second plate at the buffet.

If you do find yourself at a restaurant, take a newspaper or magazine with you and read while you eat. Or better yet, take the laptop and find a place with Wi-Fi.

0 comments:

Post a Comment